Saturday, February 28, 2009

Why I'm here

8 years ago I took a makeup artistry course. I loved it. I've always been obsessed with makeup and doing makeovers (just ask my mom!). Unfortunately the time wasn't right for me to persue a career in makeup artistry. I had also just graduated from University and had $30,000 worth of student loans to pay off, I had no vehicle so getting around was difficult, and I didn't really have enough money to spend on a good kit. Most of the work for a makeup artist is freelance and I wasn't confident that I could make a go of it and still pay my rent and student loans. I got a full time job in radio and that was that.

Well fast forward to now. I still have a full time job that I like but I decided this is something I want to do for fun. I really enjoy makeup and I hope to be able to help others.

Thats the long and short of it. I hope I have time between my full time job in marketing and my new freelance job to come here and update this blog with little beauty tips, tidbits and advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment